What is liability insurance and what do I need it for? (Austria)

Liability insurance covers liability damages and thus protects the insured person from losing his or her own assets due to damage. For example, if the policyholder loses the key to the rented apartment, this damage is covered by the liability insurance.


The liability insurance, together with your proof of enrolment or education, is one of the documents you need to move into THE FIZZ. You can find more information about the required documents here.

The benefits included vary depending on the insurance company.


You can conclude liability insurance directly online with various insurance companies such as getsafe or Allianz.


(Please note that a health insurance is not a liability insurance.)

Could we help you?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)